Sunday, March 27, 2011

Cabaret--A huge success!!

Thanks to all who came to the Cabaret last night. As expected, our students presented an evening full of amazing talent and delightful fun. Special thanks to all of you who made donations to our End-of-Year service projects. I haven't received information on the final total yet, but I know the crowd was most appreciative and generous. I made my way back to the dessert table a couple of times during the evening--Yum! I am sharing lots of photos from the Cabaret. If anyone did get a picture of the Susan/Carrie Bosom Buddy duo, I would love to have a copy. (My dad loves it whenever I include a picture of myself in this blog!) Above, you can see our fabulous MC's, Samantha and Miles. Below, our beloved Old 86 in one of their final CFS performances as undergrads. Their latest CD is available for purchase. They are great!
Joseph, Daniel, Mie, and Joe formed a delightful country band. Their final number brought a tear to my eye--Stand By Your Man.

















Samantha entertained us with a song about self-esteem. (I have no idea in what order these photos will appear. I'll do my best to keep comments in order.)

Emma A-C is performing Scott Joplin on the piano.

Miles and Dan are dancing the Chicken, accompanied by CFS parents Bobby and Mitch. (unseen)

Emma T, Hally, and Leah singing original songs.

Joe and Daniel performing a blues number after Joe played a rousing classical piece on the piano.













Dan played a Bob Dylan song on his mandolin.

Jamie got into two songs about Rt. 61.










Sarah sang an Italian aria while Emma R sang a Cold Play song.




Chris shared some of his classical music while Audrey played beautiful numbers on the piano.






















Nick played original arrangements on his guitar. Quaker N'Oats opened the evening with a song that was arranged by Leah. Here, you can see Hally and Emma rapping their solos.
























I hope these photos give you some idea of the fun we had at the Cabaret. Everyone remarked about the amazing talent that was shared by all of our performers. THANK YOU TO EVERY PERFORMER and THOSE OF YOU WHO JUST CAME TO SUPPORT AND ENJOY.

No comments: