Saturday, March 22, 2008

They surprised me!







I am still a baby at learning tech skills. Who knows what these pictures will look like? I have learned that, on some computers, they look like I think they look and on others, they get all messed up. Hopefully, you will get some idea of the wonderful surprise that the US staff and students planned for me. How in the world did 175 people keep a secret for over a week? How in the world did I fall for the story that part of the Meeting Hall roof had caved in?! I walked in, expecting to see a big mess and instead found lots of smiling, laughing people yelling "Surprise!", balloons, 2 huge cakes, and the Quaker N'Oats poised to sing a wonderful Carrie song to the tune of "Lollipop." It is now 24 hours later, and I am still recovering. I received a gift of a box filled with cards from students and staff members. I am having so much fun reading through them. Some are heartfelt...and some are very funny. At the risk of being self-indulgent, I just had to share this wonderful surprise with all of you. I am overwhelmed and so very grateful. How lucky I am to be surrounded by such love. I feel like I just received a huge, warm, and hearty hug.
Have a great vacation! I'll be in touch...

No comments: